To apply: Send in your resume mentioning the post applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: The State Programme Officer-East
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours: 40 work hours per week
The Programme Assistant will be part of a team based in Kolkata, to support VAANI’s work in Eastern India.
- To support the programmes team in all preparation involved organising workshops, seminars, parent group activities and other programmes with partner organisations in all the States in Eastern India where VAANI has projects, and as required by VAANI, Deaf Children’s Foundation.
- To initially support, and later, organise and conduct awareness programmes for the general public in educational institutions, corporate offices and other meeting places, in urban and rural settings.
- Maintain comprehensive records, including financial records, related to all programmes conducted by VAANI in the region, directly or through partners.
- Monitor programmes conducted by partner organisations as and when required, and have a thorough knowledge of VAANI partners’ deafness-related activities.
- To abide by and promote VAANI’s policy of informed choice, its vision and values and equal opportunities statement
- Compliance with VAANI’s policy and practice requirements with respect to health and safety, child protection, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
- Ensure the efficient use of all VAANI resources in order to maximise use of resources for benefiting deaf children and their parents
- Contribute to a positive working environment
- May be required to travel on work.
This list of tasks is not exhaustive and will be reviewed from time to time in discussion with the post holder. The emphasis on all areas of work in VAANI Deaf Children’s Foundation is a team approach. The post holder will be expected to attend meetings and be involved in other activities at irregular hours if required.
Essential Skills and Experience
- You will be a graduate with 2 to 5 years experience in working in the disability or social development services
- Working knowledge of spoken and written English
- Proficiency in Bengali and Hindi.
- Ability to think creatively and laterally and a desire to learn on the job
- Work comfortably as part of a team and also be a self starter with the initiative to work independently.
- You will be comfortable working with the computer (basic knowledge of Word, Excel and emailing)
- Working knowledge of ISL (Indian Sign Language) or a commitment to learn within 6 months
- Experience in working with parents and families
- Ability to write reports
- Work experience in integrated/inclusive settings