VAANI has used the World Deaf Week every September to create awareness about issues around childhood deafness, and about VAANI’s activities in the State.
Activities like the ‘Event for a Cause’, ‘Family Day’, ‘TV Talk-Show with parents‘, and painting competitions were organized by VAANI to create mass awareness in the State. To generate awareness among peers of deaf children, school awareness programmes were also held in St. Mary’s HS School, Holy Child, Sarla Birla Gyan Jyoti and Maria’s Public School.
- World Deaf Week Celebrations in the Northeast
- Family Day in Guwahati – September 2010
- Evening for a cause in Guwahati
- Sounds of Silence in Guwahati – The Assam Tribune
- Awareness programme at Sarala Birla School, Guwahati
- Parents’ meeting at Guwahati VAANI office